Monday, November 24, 2008

Disappointments

I don't want to give the impression that every thing you check out will lead to wonderful information on your family. There are disappointments, you write or e-mail someone and never hear back from them. Sometimes the e-mail is no longer being used. The information you found is no longer there or now you must be a member to see the information. Always try to save and print your finds.
Once a lady had asked about a house that her uncle Woodrow Benton lived in. I knew from the things she said that this was the same Woodrow Benton that was married to Martha. She was related to my mother. My mother has a picture of this house. I tried to e-mail the picture to the lady but it came back. I was so sorry that I didn't get to share this with the lady.
Another disappointment can be when you think you have found an ancestor. Then you check with the person that posted the information and find that this is not your ancestor.
Keep working, don't let the disappointments get you down. The good information that you find more than makes up for the disappointments.

No comments: