Monday, March 26, 2012

Forgotten Memorial

Recently we have read about the improvements that will be made at Market Square-Patten Parkway since we weren't sure where this was we did a Google search. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in Hamilton County on May 1, 1980. After seeing the images I knew we have driven by many,many times but didn't know anything about the area. I always thought it looked like a quaint small town street in the middle of downtown. I took my camera and stopped in one morning to get a few pictures.
There is a Memorial in the middle of the Parkway for the men who died from Hamilton County during World War II.  When I saw this I remembered my aunt telling me about my uncle's name being on a Memorial in downtown Chattanooga. I don't think she told me where it was. Looking down the names I saw my uncle Eugene D. Kelly
I'm so happy that I now know where the memorial is located and can pass this information on to my children.

No comments: