Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday Eugene Kelly

Eugene Douglas Kelly was my Dad's older brother. Eugene was born June 28,1920 and died March 22,1945. He is buried in the Luxembourg American (ABMC) Cemetery which is the same Cemetery where General George S. Patton is buried.
I found my Uncle's tombstone at Find a Grave I added a picture of the family that was taken the last time the whole family was together. Eugene was almost 25 years old when he was killed. Eugene never married. None of his nieces or nephews ever knew him. A life cut short but not forgotten.
I thought that the Army had got his name spelled wrong on his tombstone but a cousin and I found some papers with his hand writing where He spelled his name Kelly. Don't know why because all of the other family spelled it Kelley.

No comments: