Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Grandfather

First I have to say I'm very thankful that I did not get picked for a jury yesterday. I know you should be proud to be on jury duty. It is hard for me to think about being on jury duty when I have my mom and kids to think about. My mom is almost 85 and she counts on me to be there for her. She is about 2 miles from me so if she isn't feeling well she calls and I drop everything and go to her.

Today I have a picture from the box of Ziegler letters, etc. This is a picture of my grandfather, John Huff Ziegler. There is no date, my guess would be early 1900's.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Neat picture, Harriet... I know you are thrilled to get the Ziegler family history... I wish I could get more info on my Ballard connection.

Is your Mom still living in her own home??? My mother lived 'til age 91--but was in a retirement home the last several years. She had good health until the last 2-3 years.

Have a great and wonderful day.Glad you didn't get picked on a jury.
Hugs,
Betsy

Harriet said...

My Mom has many health problems but has been able to remain in her own home. This makes her happy!