Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Who is Rula Onks?




I decided to post the final two letters which were written to Will G. Ziegler regarding the estate of his sister Maggie Z. Edgemon. The letters don't give us any new information except the amount which Will received which was $4,040.30 in November 1947. It would be interesting to see the inventory and final settlement page which all the family signed and returned.


I am still wondering who Rula Onks was and how she was related to the Ziegler family. There was a Rula Onks buried in Onks Cemetery in Jonesboro, Washington County, Tennessee which is the same town and county where the Rula Onks from the letter lived, so it would seem I have found Rula Onks. I also found Rula Onks on the SS Death Index same county and with the same date of death as the cemetery listing.


I'll keep searching and hope that someone will read this blog and know who Rula Onks was and how she was related to the Ziegler family.


1 comment:

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Good morning, Harriett!
I have chosen you to receive an award for having "One Lovely Blog". You can pick it up at my blog, Tennessee Memories.

Judy