Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Find a Grave and Tombstone Tuesday


About a year ago I discovered from a lady I met on the Find a Grave website that my Great Great Great Grandfather John Long and his wife were buried at the Lookout Cemetery. This lady was so wonderful to share LOTS of information on the Long Family with me. The Lookout Cemetery is near the Chattanooga Valley Cemetery where my Grandfather and Grandmother Kelley and other relatives are buried.
My family and I went out and found the Lookout Cemetery. We walked and walked and walked and never found the graves for the Long family. It must have been 100 degrees that day we were so HOT. I left thinking there were no markers.
Then I discovered that my Great Great Great Grandmother Adeline Burk was also buried at the Lookout Cemetery. I decided to put a photo request in on the Find a Grave website. On Sunday I received an e-mail from a very nice man who had taken the time to go to the Lookout Cemetery and search for the graves. They were not buried at the Lookout Cemetery.
He didn't stop there he took the time to search more and found the Old Lookout Cemetery about a mile down the road and there they were John and Elizabeth Long and Adeline Burk. He took pictures of the markers and posted them on the Find a Grave website. Because of the kindness of someone I don't know I now have pictures of my relatives graves. I hope to go soon to find the Old Lookout Cemetery.
If you haven't checked out the Find a Grave website please do.

No comments: