Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends and to any who find this blog.
I am thankful for my family, my wonderful husband and great kids daughter 17 and son 15.
I am also thankful for my sweet mother, she is 84 this year. We cook dinner and take it to her house, she can't get into my house because of the steps. We don't have a big crowd just my family, my mom and my brother his wife and son.
I wish I knew more about what our ancestors might have done for Thanksgiving dinner. Growing up we spent Thanksgiving with my mom's mother and father, they lived next door.
My grandfather's mother (Sallie Ziegler) lived to be 98 years old and she and my great aunt (Christan Ziegler) always came over and ate with us. Sometimes my uncle, his wife and daughter came, most of the time they spent Thanksgiving with my aunt's family. We spent Thanksgiving with my mom's family and Christmas with my Dad's family.
My husband said they always had a crowd 5 kids and their mom and dad, sometimes they brought over their grandmother Brumley.
I am also thankful for meeting wonderful people on the Internet who have been so kind to share the information they have.
Happy Thanksgiving 2008!!

No comments: