Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Featured Family

Featured Family of the Month has been a fun way of posting information on my families but let's face it I really haven't had a chance to feature one family each month. So far this year there have been two! I'm changing the title to Featured Family.
I should give you an update on the families featured so far. The Edgemon family I have not received any information based on this blog. However, due to my husband's help I have received far more information than I ever thought possible. My husband was working up in McMinn county a few months ago and some of you may recall, from asking a simple question "Does anyone know where the Ziegler mill and house
are?" He found the house and took me up to see it. Well he also asked if anyone knew where the Edgemon Cemetery was and found a man who knew it very well. He was related to the Edgemon's. He had a Book on the Edgemon family and was so kind to let me borrow it. I copied the entire book.

As for the Newby Family which has been my featured family for a Long time, I haven't had anyone contact me on the blog. I did however e-mail a lady I found at Roots Web and she e-mailed me back she was related to John Thurman the husband of Bettie Newby Thurman. I had hoped that some of Bettie's descendants would have the missing pieces. After several e-mails from this lady it appears that the Thurman children lost their mother (Bettie) and father (John) at a young age and therefore knew little about either one of them. She did e-mail me some pictures of the children of Bettie and John Thurman. So the search goes on, maybe on Footnote.com.


Anyone out there want to guess the next Featured Family? Here is your chance. Leave a comment and let me know who you think will be the next family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmmmm - wild guess :) Must be the Farrell family! Looking forward to reading about them - this will be your luck family and you'll hear from lots of people on them.

Harriet said...

Thanks for stopping by and guessing. You were correct!! I would love to hear from some of the Farrell family.