Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kelley Family Reunion December 1984

Getting back to some genealogy! In December 1984 the Kelley family had a reunion at the Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church. I'm sure the reunion was inspired by the Joel Kelley book which was published in September of that year. There was  a crowd of Kelley cousins. Everywhere we looked Dad was introducing us to a cousin. He was so happy to see all of his cousins, many he had not seen in years. We all felt that there would be many reunions to come, however, sadly that was the one and only reunion.

Dad and my Aunts talked about going to the Kelley family reunion in Bradley County, Tn when they were kids. I'm not sure if they still have a reunion there now.

Somehow the day of the Chattanooga Valley Kelley reunion our family forgot to take cameras. I remember one of the cousins took pictures of each family group. I remember Dad called the cousin several times and offered to send money to have an extra set of pictures developed for him. He always wanted copies of those pictures, but never got them.  I would love to have copies of those pictures. Maybe someday a Kelley cousin who was at the December 1984 Kelley Family Reunion at the Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church will find this blog and contact me and e-mail pictures. What a great day that would be!

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how I hope you do get pictures someday --from that reunion. Maybe--just maybe--someone will read your blog and contact you...

Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Betsy