Monday, August 17, 2009

Restoring Photos


I'm reposting the photo from July 1st. Hopefully someone will read my blog and be able to advise me on what to do with this photo.



The photo did not scan very well. The photo is small and dark. The frame is possibly homemade and the glass is broken. On the front around the photo are the names J.J. Long 18, T.J. Newby 14 and D.H. Newby 24. D. H. Newby was my great grandfather and he would have been 24 in 1892. T.J. Newby was his brother and J.J. Long was his brother-in-law.

When I posted before Betsy from Tennessee advised to have the photo restored. I guess a part of me hates to remove it from the frame it has been in for 117 years. Wow! Just a side thought, will any of our things be around for 117 years.
Can someone advise me on whether it should be removed and where to get it restored?

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Send me your email. Send to betsyadams@mac.com

I have worked on this picture on my Picasa program... It's not much better --but maybe a little. Do you have Picasa? It's free to download--and is good to lighten and darken, etc. You can also change pixel sizes.

Hugs,
Betsy