Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November a Month To Be Thankful 11-15-11

Thankful for the memories!!

Sometimes it is hard to be thankful, when you are in a situation you can't always find the good. When my husband and I married he was in the Army. He was stationed at Ft. Devens, Mass. which seemed a world away to me. It was hard and there were many lonely days but I think it made our marriage stronger since we learned to count on each other. There was no running home to mom and dad.
We lived in Leominster, Mass for the first year then we moved on base. Over the years we have been able to look back at our time there and enjoy the memories.  We had one of those moments over the weekend when cleaning out a bookshelf. I found Albert's Almanac we had saved from 1988. Dick Albert was the weather man on WCVB TV in Boston while we were living up North. We lived in Mass. for 3 years.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yes, Harriet, there are things to be thankful for ---even when life is hard... I'll bet that year up north was hard for you.

Hugs,
Betsy