Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November a Month To Be Thankful 11-9-11

I am thankful my husband and my children encouraged me to get on Facebook! Through Facebook I have connected with family and friends. I found my next door neighbor way back when we were kids, she and her mother are both on Facebook. We've had a lot of fun reminiscing. I found another girl who lived up the street for a couple of years we were good friends but lost contact since her family moved around the country. Sadly I found a friend from high school but didn't send her a friend request at the time, a few months later on a memorial page for our high school, I discovered she died Dec. 2010.  I had not heard from her in many years.

Many of my cousins are on Facebook and I am friends with them, it is a great way to stay in touch. A group of Kelley cousins have connected through Facebook. We  have a Kelley Family group page which has been so much fun, we have shared pictures and stories about the family. Many of the cousins have posted pictures of their families now. Most of us in the group are great grandchildren of Hiram and Nancy Kelley. We had an online family reunion during the month of September and many of us posted pictures.
My dad has been dead 10 years and I often wonder what he would think about me connecting with all of these cousins. He would probably think it was neat! He would be giving me names of others to search for. It is a wonderful time to be doing family research.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That is so neat, Harriet. I too am enjoying Facebook ---and got on it to keep up with my kids/grands... BUT--I have also been in contact with many old friends --and some of my cousins also....
Hugs,
Betsy