Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November a Month To Be Thankful

My blog has been pushed to the side this year, I can't believe it is November already and I have only  29 post for the entire year! Today on Facebook I saw where one of my friends Margaret Ann Tull had a post 30 Days of Thanks. This got me to thinking, it is always good to find something to be thankful for and this might help me to post on my blog for the month of November, so here goes 30 days of thanks!

Today is T1Day with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation you can find out more information here http://www.jdrf.org/ .

I changed my profile picture in an effort to raise awareness to Type 1 Diabetes. The JDRF asked people to change their profile picture and in your status tell "Who's your #one?" My number one is my daughter and son who both have Type 1 diabetes. My daughter since she was 26 months, for 18 years now and my son who has had diabetes 10 years the 30th of Oct. He was 8 years old. There is no cure, insulin only treats diabetes.

Since I'm starting a month to be thankful on the Type1Day, 11-1-11 my first things to be thankful for would be insulin, meters to check blood sugar, and the insulin pump. All the things that keep my sweet children alive.

 

No comments: