Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Green/ Howard

A short conversation my husband had with his Aunt Flora led to another discovery. She mailed us the information that her mother had recorded about her family. Bessie Mae Green Kibble's parents were William Lindsey Greene and Mary E. Everett. Grandparents were Levi Greene and Eliza Jane Howard. I searched on the internet for more information in McMinn Co. but couldn't find any then I remembered reading an obituary for one of the Green's that said from Hamilton Co. so I checked out the Hamilton County website http://www.hctgs.org/default.htm
I found Levi Green buried on Big Ridge and Eliza Jane Howard Green buried at Friendship Baptist Church Cemetery which is about 1 mile from our house. How strange that we would end up living in the same area as my husband's great great grandparent without even knowing. There is a sign which says this is the old town of Green's Mill, didn't know that it was family.
Then at Roots Web http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:736640&id=I69334316 I found the Green family tree.

No comments: