Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ziegler Family

Will and Sallie Ziegler with sons John and Hobart and Will's sister (Maggie) moved to Oregon to live.
Will's brother John lived in Oregon. I'm not sure how long they lived there but Harry was born in Oregon in 1900. Will and Sallie were my great grandparents, their son John was my grandfather. I can remember my great grandmother talking about going to Oregon. I asked her how they got there, she said by train. It was so cold on the trip that Will and Johnny (as she always called him) were sick when they got to Oregon. Will's brother was a doctor and he took care of them. I've never found anything that said he was a doctor. On the 1920 census he was listed as a farmer.
Will, Sallie, John, Hobart and sister Maggie lived in Polk County, Oregon at the time of the 1900 Census. Will worked on a farm.

No comments: