Friday, March 6, 2009

Names

Greta at Greta's Genealogy Bog had an interesting blog on names http://gretabog.blogspot.com/2009/03/celebrate-your-name-week-most-and-least.html

I decided to do a short one of my own. I have always loved the sound of these two names,

Olivia Jane Long Newby and Julia Jane McSpadden Kelley. Olivia Jane was my Great Grandmother she was born in 1872 and died in 1916. She died just before her
44th birthday. She was married to David H. Newby and they had seven children.
This is the only picture I have of Olivia Jane. I'm not sure why but she went by Jennie.

The second name Julia Jane McSpadden was my Great Great Grandmother she was married to Elijah Kelley and they had 10 children. She lived to be 79 years old. I have only one picture of Julia Jane in the Joel Kelley book which I have but do not have it scanned.

1 comment:

Greta Koehl said...

Those are great names! Another game I play is to try to imagine what kind of fictional character would have the names of some of my ancestors with interesting or beautiful names - Olivia Jane and Julia Jane sound like romantic heroines. And thank you for the mention!