Monday, January 11, 2010

Ziegler Family

I have just a little more information about the Ziegler house and the family history. My Great Aunt Christian Ziegler was born at the store/post office that was on the Ziegler property. She was born Nov. 17,1906. Her parents Will and Sallie Ziegler were living in the store building. I assume that there was no store at that time, because the building didn't look large enough for a family of six and a store/post office. They had three boys at the time Christian was born. At that time people didn't have to live in huge houses with a room to each child, they shared rooms. The boys may have stayed in the house with their grandparents (Jacob and Annabella).


How I wish I could talk to my Grandfather. He was such a quiet man I'm not sure he would have told us anything if we had asked. Great Aunt Christian loved to talk about the family history.


Will and Sallie Ziegler moved their family to Chattanooga in 1907. This information was in Sallie Ziegler's obituary.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Interesting, Harriet.... You really have put together quite a bit of good information about the Zieglers. Make sure all of this is written down --for the family in the future.

Yes--it would have been great if your grandfather had have shared some of the stories. We are trying to get George's Daddy (who is 97) to tell us more about his life... It's hard though to get it out of him.

Hugs,
Betsy

Harriet said...

I'm trying to record stories my Mom tells me about the family. It is really sad that almost all of the people who knew these wonderful stories are gone now. I wish I could remember more of what I heard when I was a child.