Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday!

John Huff Ziegler, born Feb. 3,1894 and died Nov. 14,1981. This picture is my Great Grandparents, Will and Sallie Ziegler with their sons John (on the left) and Hobart (held by his mother). John H. Ziegler was my Grandfather (PAPA) he was a man of few words, easy going (almost all of the time).


He and my Grandmother (Granny) married April 2,1916, they had two sons and one daughter (my mother).
This picture was made in April 1966 at their 50th Wedding Anniversary. Granny died in March 1981 about two weeks before their 65th wedding anniversary. He doesn't look too happy here, if I had to guess because he had to put on suit and get pictures made.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well--in this case, the husband outlived the wife---but not by much!!!! She died in March and he in November... I always have said that when either Mom or Dad Adams dies, the other will be right behind. They cannot live without each other.

Hugs,
Betsy