Friday, February 26, 2010

Newby Family Featured

In January the Featured Family of the month was started, to highlight the surnames I’m researching. The first family featured was the Edgemon family simply because I had recently visited the family cemetery and had pictures of tombstones and some obituaries. I was excited to post these and to start the new Featured Family. At the time I felt the natural progression would be to Feature the Wilson Family next, since my Great Grandmother, Lettie Edgemon married a Wilson.


After I had a couple of people Terri and Alice express an interest in the Newby family, I decided the next family should be Newby. I hope Terri and Alice will check the information posted at the top of the blog to see if the Newby’s in their families could be related.

I know it looks like a lot of information but we have hit a brick wall with King Newby. We don't know for sure when or where he died and we have not found his parents.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I've left a message on FB for my cousin who is a Newby to look at your blog. It would really be something if there was a connection. We just never know......

Harriet said...

Thanks Terri! I sure hope someone related finds the blog. It would be great to find more information on King (K.H.) Newby.