Thursday, February 18, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Avon - Pretty Peach

Miram at AnceStories:The Stories of My Ancestors did a post back in January which you can find here, she showcased her Avon 1876 Cape Cod collection. I enjoyed the post and followed several of her links to Avon collections.
I have several Avon items which have been saved many many years. This is a Pretty Peach Cologne Mist.
This was a Christmas gift from my Aunt Lydia, not sure how old I was at the time. The Cologne was gone long ago but I kept this because it was so neat. Funny thing one of the Avon sites had the box and when I saw the box, I remember having the box. I no longer have the box but am very happy that I saved this cute Avon item.

5 comments:

Terri said...

Oh my gosh - I have one of those too! I think I was in my early teens when my Mom gave one to me. I think I still have mine too - somewhere in my pack-rat pile. How fun to see it in your treasures, it brought a lot of memories back for me.

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Lots of memories, for sure!
Thanks for sharing!

;-)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That is cute, Harriet... I had no idea that Avon had been in business THAT long... Amazing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorene from Ohio said...

What an adorable Avon item! I can remember getting bubble bath in the shape of a Christmas ornament, back in the sixties...I am sure it was a 1.00 holiday special!

Harriet said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I'm glad it brought back memories. It is so much fun to share memories of items like this. There have been so many times that I've seen or read about things that brought back memories of things I had not thought of in years.