Thursday, February 11, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Pictures

This is a treasure for sure, my Grandmother, Hattie W. Ziegler and her sisters Elizabeth and Agnes. These three were the last of the Wilson children. I think this picture was made around August or September of 1980. My Grandmother had breast cancer surgery around this time and her sisters came to see her. We didn't know at the time but this would be the last time the sisters would see each other. Elizabeth had surgery (can't remember what type) then a few days later had a stroke and died, December 18, 1980. Then my Grandmother died March 18,1981. Agnes died November 29,1989.

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gee--I'm glad they got to see each other one last time --here on earth. I guess at that time everyone thought your grandmother would be the first to die. One never knows, do we????
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

How fortunate that someone caught the moment with a photo. I have missed so many opportunities in the family for special shots like this.

Harriet said...

Thanks for stopping by Betsy and Lindalee. Yes we would have thought my grandmother would be the first to die,since she had breast cancer and because she was the oldest. I agree Lindalee it is great that we caught the moment. My husband always says to take pictures even if people don't want them because you never know if it will be the last opportunity.He has made several of my family that we look back at and say how glad we are to have the photo.

Dorene from Ohio said...

What a treasure to have this moment captured in a photo!