Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thank You Followers!

I started Genealogy Fun in November 2008. I think it was January 2009 before I had my first follower Terry at Desktop Genealogist Unplugged, sure do miss you Terry. I remember how excited I was. This feeling came back to me when I went to one of my new follower's blog and read a post about how excited she was to have 15 followers, A Rootdigger I joined her blog and another who had left a comment about how excited she was to have 12 followers, Cambria Co,Pa It does encourge others when you join their blogs. I don't always have time to leave comments everywhere and I don't join all blogs. Sometimes I just save them in my favorites and follow them from there.
In the time since I started this blog I've read many blogs which gave advise on how to attract more readers and followers. I've made quite a few changes in hopes of improving Genealogy Fun. There have been times I've wondered why people are followers of other blogs but not mine. Please don't take this the wrong way, this is not to complain or feel sorry for myself. Just a thought "why", not good enough, not on the right surnames, don't give the right information??
Now I just try to focus on doing what I started with Genealogy Fun.
l. To share the pictures and family information I have.
2.Share favorite sites where I've found useful information.
3.Help to organize the information I have.
4.I hope to connect with others researching the same families.
5.Since finding GeneaBloggers, read other blogs, I hope to learn more about how to make Genealogy Fun a better place to visit.
I try not to be concerned with the "WHY". I'm happy to have followers.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL 34 OF MY FOLLOWERS!

9 comments:

Les said...

I doubt we can answer the "why" of the follower thing. I'm like you, glad that someone is interested in our thoughts. Sticking with your 5 items in your list is what's important.
Keep up the good work!

Dorene from Ohio said...

Well we all enjoy following you!!

Together We Save said...

Your blog is so interesting.

Alana said...

When I first started my blog a year ago, I didn't expect to have any followers. I started my blog for the same reasons as you and didn't think that it would interest anyone else. But everytime I would log on, there was another follower. Even now I get excited when someone new hits the "follow" button. Of course, I immediately return the favour. Following others has helped me out tremendously in my research.

Keep up the great work and always remember to have fun!

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

I love your blog and am happy to be a follower. I, too am always excited to see new folks added to my listing and now with the GeneaBloggers Olympics, it seems like a few more have jumped aboard.

Greta Koehl said...

It's funny how such a little thing as "one more follower" can brighten a day. I love to "Follow" because the blogs show up in my Blogger reader, which is so easy to use.

I always look forward to reading Genealogy Fun!

Cindy said...

Harriet - Thank you for following also! I too started my blog with a question in my mind -"who in the world is going to read this?" I had no idea all these people were out here blogging about this hobby that we love. Your blog is great, and although I've been taking a bit of a personal hiatus, I always check in to see what you're up to! Keep up the good work!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well---I have and do enjoy your blog posts, Harriet. Keep 'em coming!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Harriet said...

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving comments. I'm so glad to have all of my followers!!