Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Genealogy Snobbery

Please check out the great blog post at GeneaBloggers on Genealogy Snobbery. I love genealogy, family history, family research, I'm not a professional, it is just a hobby. I have received encouragement from many other Genealogy bloggers. Sometimes, however, you can feel the snobbery!  Your blog is just not worthy of them reading. Some of their post are all about how others are doing everything wrong. You wonder how many have stopped because they feel like they could never make their blog live up to these standards. Thankfully there are few of these people. Thank you to all the Genealogy Bloggers who have been encouraging to me.

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Heck Fire.... I wouldn't go to someone's blog who complained about what someone is blogging about... Even in a Genealogy blog, some other topics do come up--and that is a good thing... It's OUR blogs... If someone doesn't enjoy them, they just don't need to go to them.. BUT--they also don't need to complain about them publicly....

Your blog is wonderful, Harriet.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Harriet -I read that blog earlier this morning. Some people have no 'couth' (as my mom use to say). I'm blogging for myself and my family. I research the best I can and don't claim to be a pro (no where near a 'pro'). If people don't like what I have to say they can move themselves on to blogs done by those who are professional.

Bill West said...

Harriet,
You keep on blogging about the things you want to blog about. I'll keep on reading it! :)

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

Thanks for the tip....I'll have to go read that blog. I am not a professional either....just enjoy genealogy and writing when I have the time. Keep up your good work Harriet.