Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving Memories - part 8 Pecan Pie

Pecan Pie is a delicious Thanksgiving pie. Mom always made pecan pie for my Dad. When I married my husband loved pecan pie. He always said his mom made the Best pecan pie. When we made our annual trips home from New England in November his mom always made pecan pie which we all enjoyed at the Thanksgiving meal. Then as we were leaving she would call him into the kitchen and give him a whole pie. She did this for many years after we moved back home. She told me "I don't want to hurt your feelings, I know you can made Paul a pie. I just want to do this for him because I know how much he enjoys the pecan pie."It never bothered me. I thought it was a special moment shared between a mother and son.

She wrote out several of her recipes, including the pecan pie, and sent them to me a short time after we married.  Several years later she gave everyone a small photo album with some of the favorite family recipes.

As you can see from the recipe card it has been used many times. I've seen recipes for pecan pie which were the same or nearly the same. I think the reason this pie was so mouth watering was it was made with Love!


                                 We miss your pecan pie!

No comments: