Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Memories part 1

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to visit with family and enjoy their company and also enjoy a great meal.
November of 2007 was a special Thanksgiving meal with my Dad's last surviving sister. My Aunt didn't have any children and her husband passed away in June 2005. One of my cousin's in south Georgia e-mailed and said he was coming up to have Thanksgiving with Aunt Betty and wanted us all to come.
We didn't get together on Thanksgiving Day but it was a special day. Many of the cousins came and brought food and shared the day with our Aunt. It brought back many memories of family gatherings at her house. She was always the one who put together all the family gatherings.
left- Aunt Betty, right - my Mom
Aunt Betty had been sick for sometime and taking treatment for cancer. My Mom, kids and I went back to see her again just before Christmas. She died on Jan. 7, 2008.
She was the glue that held the family together, it hasn't been the same since. We miss you!

I have learned if you have a chance to visit family, you should because you never know when it will be too late to see them again.

2 comments:

Dorene from Ohio said...

You are so right, Harriet!
A lovely post!

Greta Koehl said...

What a special lady - thanks for sharing your memories of her.