Thursday, November 4, 2010

Today Is A Special Day!

Today is special here at Genealogy Fun! Two years ago today I started this blog. I really didn't know what I was doing, still don't sometimes. Blogging has been fun and educational. I have learned so much from the other bloggers.
I started blogging two years ago today but my first follower didn't come until Jan. 2009. Terry Snyder at Desktop Genealogist Unplugged was first, and Becky Jamison at Grace and Glory was my second. They were helpful and encouraging. Sure miss your post Terry! Becky also encouraged me to get on Facebook which has been fun. I have 49 followers now!
I recently had a Farrell cousin contact me after finding this blog. It has been fun e-mailing and sharing information. I haven't broken any brick walls but I am still hopeful that will happen.
Today's post makes 300!! My goal has always been to post 5 days a week but that doesn't happen very often. I am grateful for the time I've had to work on Genealogy Fun.

17 comments:

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

Happy Blogiversary. I have enjoyed reading your blogs...keep up the great work.

Harriet said...

Thanks Lindalee. I enjoy your blog too.

Diana Ritchie said...

Happy Blogiversary! They just grow up so fast, don't they :-) I enjoy your blog - look forward to more years of reading it.

Éire Historian said...

Happy Blogiversary to you! Congratulations on two years; may you enjoy many more! Cheers! Jennifer

Thomas MacEntee said...

Happy blogiversary Harriet! I wish you had told me - I just now added it to the GeneaBloggers calendar and put the word out on Twitter.

Congratulations!

FranE said...

Happy Blogiversary! Enjoy your blog.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary Harriet! I really enjoy your blog...keep on posting!

Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski said...

Happy Blogeversary!

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Happy blogaversary, Harriet. Congratulations on 2 years - here's to many more!

Gini said...

Happy Blogiversary Harriet...looking forward to many many more.

Bill West said...

Happy Blogiversary, Harriet! Here's to many more enjoyable posts!

TCasteel said...

I t is a special day! Happy Blogiversary - Keep on writing and Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary Harriet - here's to the next two years :-) Jo

DearMYRTLE said...

Congrats on all your hard work!

Nancy said...

Happy 2nd anniversary! Good for you to keep at it - both the research and the sharing. Here's to many more years! (And a good word verification for a genealogist, below, to post my comment: quest.)

Greta Koehl said...

Happy Blogoversary, Harriet - your blog has been fun to read, and I look forward to reading it for years to come!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Congrats, Harriet... I for one have really enjoyed getting to know you and I love coming to your blog.... I hope you write 300 more (and on and on and on)...

Hugs
Betsy